“We invest Smart Money in technological startups”
Venture Builder Capital
We accelerate, invest and grow your startup
Who we are
Venture Builder Capital
StepOne Ventures is a venture capital fund created with the purpose of investing in the first stage of technological companies with a high growth potential. On many occasions we will be the first committed investor so we can build a long-term relationship with the entrepreneurs helping them to scale their startups.
We also operate as a venture builder helping startups to grow and consolidate their business, putting at their disposal capital and a wide variety of venture builder services supported by the reliability of Barrabes Group (marketing agency, UX & Design, IT development, Investment Advisory…)
StepOne Ventures is part of Barrabés Group, a cluster of companies in the field of innovation, entrepreneurship, customer experience and emerging technologies. Being independent companies, we operate as one big corporation with an extended team of more than 180 professionals and an activity of €10 million in innovative projects. Our relationship with large corporates allows us to better understand the needs of the market.
Where we are
StepOne Ventures is present in the main meeting points for startups in the world: San Franciso, Madrid and Oulu.
StepOne was founded in 2008 in San Francisco, with the main goal of helping businesses to grow in the United States and more specifically in the Silicon Valley area.
With over 20 years of experience in providing strategic value to large Spanish companies, Barrabés has become a leader in innovation in Spain. Our experience in creating startups and our strategic location offer us constant access to the most technologically advanced companies.
#Years of experience:17
StepOne Ventures has a team led by experts with extensive experience in the world of venture capital and finance
Managing Partner & CEO
- She holds a bachelor's degree in economics from the Complutense University and an MBA from the Grand École de Commerce de Paris ESCP (London campus).
Partner & CFO
- Fernando holds a bachelor's degree in Business Administration and Management from CUNEF and an MBA from the IESE Business School.
Juan José Bellón
Venture Capital Analyst
- Juan José holds a degree in Business Administration and Management from CUNEF.
Deal Flow Coordinator
- Valentin holds a degree in Law and Business Administration from Universidad Carlos III.
- He holds a bachelor’s degree in Tourism from the University of Zaragoza. He studied in the Harvard Kennedy School's Global Leadership and Public Policy for the 21st Century program.
Luis A. Martín
- Luis holds a bachelor's degree in physics from the Complutense University of Madrid.
- Josep holds a bachelor's degree in Economics from the Autonomous University of Barcelona and a master’s degree in Economics and Business Management from IESE in Barcelona.
- Gonzalo holds a bachelor's degree in Exact Sciences from the University of Valladolid.
- Borja holds a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Management from the University of Barcelona and a master’s degree in Economics and Business Management from the IESE Business School.
- He holds a bachelor’s degree in Economics and Business from the Complutense University of Madrid and has passed the civil service examination to be a State Economist.
Luis Miguel Ciprés
- Luis Miguel is graduated in Physical Sciences, Executive Certificate in Strategy and innovation by MIT Sloan School of Management and PDD by IESE.